Not sure if this is Sitecore removing the training wheels and bib or movin’ on up to the east side, but as of version 7.1, Sitecore is deprecating the Developer Center and removing it shortly thereafter. As soon as I heard, I reached out to Alex Shyba (@alexshyba) and he pointed me to LINQPad. The LINQPad site had no mention of Sitecore, so I went on a Google scavenger hunt and found Adam Conn’s blog post that covered the steps, along with some pointers Jim Scott’s Coding Blog.

It wasn’t all smooth sailing for me and I was at an hour or two in until I got the everything to work, so I thought why not do a video walkthrough and save my readers the headache.

The video is embedded below and the link to the configuration file is posted to my GitHub here.